The presence of mold is not only alarming for your material or objects but could also leave a drastic effect on your health.
Fortunately, it is not hard to get rid of mold.
We have some of the easiest tips on removing black mold permanently.
However, before I tell you our ways on how to kill black mold, let’s have a quick review of what exactly is this parasite.
What is Mold?
In simplest words, mold is a type of fungus that resides almost anywhere indoors and outdoors. You might find mold on carpets, woods, walls and even on the clothes your clothes, you wear.
These small organisms vary in a range of colors they come in, for instance, you might find a white mold, or have certain black mold symptoms around. They also come in orange, green, or purple colors.
For this article, we are going to talk about tips on how to kill black mold from your surroundings. Stay tuned.
Mold on Wood:
As stated above, it is not uncommon to find your woods enveloped in the parasitic grip of black molds. Among all the types, mold on the wood is most common to occur.
Dampness and inadequate ventilation are considered to be the leading factors in such mold occurrence.
However, fortunately enough you can easily use a solution of dishwashing soap and warm water as a mold killer for wood.
Stick with us to know more about the treatment.
Mold on Drywall:
Another commonplace the nasty molds find its favorite to host is drywall.
Usually, mold treatment on drywalls depends upon whether it is painted or not however, if you use the right cleaning agents you can easily get rid of and prevent black mold.
Mold on Fabric/Clothes:
Moving forward, mold can also be found on fabrics and clothes that you usually wear due to the moisture in them.
Here are some of the tips on how to prevent mold on fabrics:
- Store only clean clothes and fabrics in your closets.
- Don’t pack the items too tightly and too closely in closets
- Allow the air to circulate between as to reduce moisture
- Make sure clothes are completely dry before storing them
- Avoid storing clothes in sealed containers like plastic tubs.
- Store clothes in breathable packing like cotton sheets
- Clean and dry your closets from time to time to remove mold
Mold on Carpet:
Carpets are other victim areas of your house that could be threatened for mold inheritance.
Here are some of the signs that there is a mold on the carpet:
- Musty Odors
- Unexplained Allergies
- Damp Carpets
- Carpet Discoloration
Stick tuned to find out about how to get mold out of carpet in no time.
Tips to Remove Mold Naturally:
Finally, what we all have been waiting for.
Let’s take a look at the tips to remove mold from your various surfaces.
Mold Removal using Tea Tree:
Among the many methods on how to kill black mold, tea tree oil mold removal is considered to be the most effective black mold killer.
It is not very unlikely for people to use tea tree oil and vinegar for mold removal.
Since tea tree oil is a natural fungicide and is environmentally friendly; harmless to pets and people, it is among the most recommended treatments for mold.
Here is what you have got to do:
- Mix around 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil with two cups of water
- Pour the above solution into a spray bottle
- Spray the solution directly on the target area and leave it for an hour
- While using a brush or scrub, clean of the debris
- Apply tea tree oil and vinegar as a cleaning agent on the affected area and leave it for a few minutes.
- After a while, use a scrub and sponge to wipe the surface and kill mold effectively.
Solution of Soap, Shampoo & dishwasher with water:
Another trick on how to get rid of mold is to use a solution of soap, shampoo, or dishwasher with water.
The benefit of using this solution is because it is safe to use. None of the ingredients above would cause you any serious allergies, irritations, or problems.
Let’s look at how you are going to kill mold with this mold treatment:
- Well, first thing first, you need to make a mixture of water with any of the above ingredients; soap, shampoo, or dishwasher.
- Once done, use the solution to scrub off most of the mold from the affected area.
- Later, apply any disinfectant such as vinegar or tea tree over the affected area.
- Apply thoroughly and wait for a while.
- Lastly, vacuum the area thoroughly to clean any mold spores left behind.
- Repeat the procedure if mold persists.
Tea tree oil and vinegar for mold:
Both tea tree oil and vinegar are considered among the best mold killers for home use.
Since tea tree oil is a natural fungicide and vinegar acts as an antimicrobial agent, they are your best mold treatment to get rid of the nasty black mold on the carpet and other surfaces.
Here is a summary of what you need to do:
- Combine the distilled vinegar and tea tree oil in a spray bottle
- Spray the mixture directly on the affected area
- Leave it for at least a half-hour
- The acid in vinegar and antifungal property of tea tree oil will eventually kill the mold
All these treatments can be applied to get rid of mold from carpets, fabrics, drywall, and wood, etc.
Mold Remediation Cost:
If you have applied the above methods and are still not getting the desired results, then it is always better to seek professional help.
Your average mold remediation cost ranges from around $1,500 and $3,500, however, you will get rid of mold thoroughly.
Pros and cons of hiring a professional:
When we talk about the pros and cons of hiring a professional, there are a lot of cons such as:
- Proper Inspection
- Thorough and safe cleaning
- Have the proper equipment
- Fast services
- Repair any damage
The con, however, is only one, they could be quite extravagant, however, anything for your family’s safety right?
Pros and Cons of DIY Method:
In contrast, a DIY method might not be too extravagant and could save you some penny however it has major cons:
- You Lack Proper Knowledge and Experience
- You might end up hurting yourself or damaging the property
- Mold might still linger there and cause major damage
Signs of Mold Infection:
Last but not least, let’s talk about the black mold symptoms.
- Fatigue, which could be caused by mold allergy
- Watery Eyes
- Dry Scaly Skin
- Eyes, nose, throat irritations
- Visible signs of black mold
- Asthma Issues
In conclusion, it is necessary to get rid of black mold as soon as possible and you will find it very easy with the methods mentioned above.
However, if you don’t, seek professional help immediately.
Keep yourself and your loved ones safe from mold attacks.